Wednesday, November 14, 2012

16 weeks and 16 reasons I love you


Dear Baby,

Today I am 16 weeks!  I wanted to commemorate this milestone by sharing 16 reasons I love you...  I want you to know there are infinitely more reasons I love and adore you, but since the #16 is our number of the day... I figure 16 reasons will suffice.

1.  Dream come true...Sometimes I wake up in the morning wondering if this pregnancy has all just been a dream (a dream of a lifetime I might add)... and I immediately place my hand on my belly to see if it's real.  I love the little bump you have created in my tummy that shows me each and every day that you are in fact real... because Baby, if we wouldn't have been able to have this dream become a reality, I think I would have asked Heavenly Father to put me to sleep so I could dream about you always....

2.  Ramen Noodles and hotdogs... I love your fine culinary palate.  Never in my life have I craved the likes of Ramen Noodles and hotdogs...  You definitely take after your father.  I just can't imagine a girl liking this kind of food which is one reason I think you might be a boy:)

3.  My excuse to sleep in...  Oh Baby, if you could only know how much I love this new excuse I have to sleep 10-11 hours at night.  I love telling Mike I'm too tired because the baby needs it's sleep.  Additionally, I am banking all these extra hours of sleep because I know I'm not going to get nearly as much in a few months.

4.  Prayers are answered...  I knew before you came along that prayers were answered, but my testimony of this expanded exponentially when I find out I was pregnant with you.  I love that you were the answer to my most earnest and heartfelt prayers to my Heavenly Father.  By the time we meet you, you probably won't be able to remember all of these prayers, but somehow I have no doubt that you were present and heard some of our most tender pleadings. 

5.  Mover and a Shaker... Oh Baby, I just love that you are such a mover and a shaker!  During our last ultrasound it almost looked like you were doing a little dance in there (which is very fitting considering your last name).  I can't wait to see you move and shake your little body when you get here.

6.  Weight Gain...  Anyone who knows me knows I can be a little neurotic about weight.  You ought to know I love you so much I even love the pounds you have caused me to pack on.  My doctor so kindly reminded me I am not eating for two:) 

7.  I feel my Savior's love...A few weeks ago during Sunday school, we were talking about 3rd Nephi and when Christ came to the Americas after His resurrection.  After He arrived the people fell and kissed his feet.  Our teacher mentioned that he didn't know if he had ever felt so moved that he would have kissed the Savior's feet (forgive me for the paraphrasing).  Oh baby, I love you so much because you have moved me to that extent.  When I got the phone call that I was pregnant with you I literally collapsed onto the couch as I was overcome with joy and gratitude.  If the Savior would have been there, I would have kissed His feet.  And I promise you this Baby, someday when we meet our Savior again I will fall to His feet and kiss them.  One of the reasons I love you so is because our journey to have you has helped me to know and love my Savior better.

8.  Little Flutters...  Dear Baby I love the little flutters I feel occasionally that I am pretty sure you cause:)  From what I hear, it's a little early to be feeling you move inside me, but every once in a while I get feel the tiniest little flutter and I just know it has to be you letting me know you're there.

9.  Increasing my patience... Dear Baby I love you because somewhere during this journey to have you my patience increased.  It's funny, some of the things that used to matter to me or annoy me just don't anymore.  You are so much more important than an idiot driver, a rude checkout person at Wal-Mart, or a petty girl fight.  I hope that increased patience will help me be a better mother to you.

10.  Tummy Kisses... One of the things I love about you Baby, is the tender side that you have brought out in your Father.  He was always a pretty sweet guy, but I love it when he kisses my tummy goodbye- or when he says "I love you witty BooBoo" (p.s. Witty BooBoo is one of the terms of endearment we have for you)

11.  Bonding with my mom and sister... I love you for giving me the opportunity to share something special with my mom and sister.  I used to wonder if I would ever get the opportunity to dish about pregnancy and my hopes and dreams for you with my mom and sister.  It was one of the hardest things I had to work through during my struggle to have you...  Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

12.  Success Story...  I love you for being an IVF success story.  I have said it before and will say it again, I am proud (not the prideful kind of proud) to stand with women who have struggled with and come through the struggle with infertility.

13.  New friends... I love you because somehow my journey to have you led me to new found friends and deeper relationships with those friends I already had.

14.  Boy or Girl?  I love that from the time you were a tiny embryo your gender was already decided... and we get to find out that gender next week!  Lots of people seem to think they know what you are (your dad especially)... but it's funny because I don't:)  I have had two dreams you are a girl and one that you are a boy.  I love that we get to go next week to find out the big surprise!  It will be the best birthday present ever!!!

15.  You're a piece of us...  We have a running joke that there could have potentially been a mix-up in the IVF lab:)  And if that's the case, I will still love you.  But in all seriousness, I love that you fulfilled my desire to have a child that is a piece of me and your dad.  I want you to know I look forward to seeing which pieces of me and your dad you bring with you.  I won't even care if you have his big nose or my big calves... I'll love you anyways.  And if for some reason you come out looking like the South American couple that had IVF on the same day-I'm still not giving you back!

16.  Fulfillment...  I can't speak for all women, but I can tell you baby that when I lay my head down at night, the last thoughts that flutter through my head are usually centered on how grateful I am to have you.  I love you for being the rainbow at the end of a long storm. I love that you are the water at the end of a long journey through a lone a dreary desert.  I love that you are the result of a loving Heavenly Father having mercy and compassion on His daughter and her pleadings to have a child.  You are my fulfillment and I love you for it.

There are so many other reasons I love you... and I look forward to sharing those with you throughout our journey together. 

Love,
Your Mom

4 comments:

  1. Brie, this is beautiful and brought tears to my eyes! So eloquent and lovely. Congratulations on your little one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie, I am so happy for you! Your child will cherish this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again Brie. Enjoy every minute of this time it goes by much too fast. Remind yourself of that when your 8 months pregnant and feel like you just can't take that next step because you can't breathe because baby has your intestines pushed up cramping your lungs. It's all such a blessing! I'm so happy for you and your hubby!
    P.S. I think Team Blue too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading these. They are so fun. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete